Frequently asked questions
9. I want to change my personal info--Can I go back and edit my registration?
Sure! Just do it 7 days before the event. Have your Confirmation # ready and log in to your registration account.
3. Yikes! We can’t attend after all – can we get a refund?
While we have a strict no refund policy, you may transfer or give your registration to someone else by logging into your registration account and asked to transfere your bib to the particular person's name. Ends two weeks prior to event day.
10. I cannot find my confirmation email – what do I do??
If you have not received your confirmation email, double check your spam box, they often end up there. If you still do not have it – please click on this confirmation link.
11. Can my husband/sister/best friend/co-worker just come to cheer me on?
5. Can spectators attend the post-race Finish Festival?
Everyone is welcome to cheer you on. However, the festival is for all registered runners/walkers only--no exception. All runners must have their bib attached to enter the festival and keep it attached while roaming the festival. So, sign up and join the party!
1. Running? This is my first (or 1,000,000th) 5k – is it for me?
We welcome everyone at our event – whether you are into running or just want to be part of the experience. If you know how to have a great time and want to mix fun & fitness (of any level) then yes, this is the event for you.
12. I finished registering – can I go back and add a purchase?
Sure! You are welcome to add additional purchases until a couple of days before the event – Go to get help
26. The forecast says rain! Will Tacos 'N Beer Run be cancelled?
We will be using positive thoughts to keep bad weather away, but if it happens just know we’ll be hosting the event – rain or shine, safety first of course, but rain or shine!
13. My friend just decided to run – how do we add them to our team?
Everything is better with friends! Friend registers: click on TEAM, find your team and add it.
6. Can we bring our dog/cat/house bunny?
We love animals! However, they are not allowed at our event; you’ll just have to show them your pictures.
17. Is this a timed race (using chip timing)?
It is optional! It is recommended to run with the first wave if you chose chip timing. You will see we have runners, walkers, skippers and dancers – everyone enjoys the course in their own way.
19. Can we bring our own brand gear?
You can totally deck yourself out with your party-fiesta gear – but any brand in conflict with our sponsors will not be allowed on the race nor at the festival that includes Beer brands and Taco Brands. You will be asked to remove it or leave the event without a refund--no exception.
23. . Are backpacks allowed?
There are no storage facilities available during the race – everything you bring, you carry. Our policy is nothing bigger than a fanny pack is permitted at the event.
24. Is this for a charity?
While we are a for profit event, as an organization we are committed to helping local non-profit organizations.
14. Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Got a friend that is going to pick up your packet for you? Awesome! Make sure they have a copy of your id (a photo on their phone of your id is fine!) and a signed consent form (such as “I allow Name to receive my race packet...")
15. Wait, where and when is the packet pick-up?
Visit your City/Event page for details.
4. Is there an age limit?
Nope! We are an all ages event (but suggest that runners be ages 11+)– However, everyone must pay to run/walk or participate on the run course.
2. How do I get my tacos & beer rewards?
At the finish line festival.
Your Bib comes with two tickets attached; a beer ticket good for one beer; and a taco ticket good for two tacos. Detach your tickets and take them to the Festival's beer line and taco line to redeem them.
22. . After party? Tell me more about that!
After you cross the finish line the BAJA party begins! Live Mariachi music and Multiple DJ’s will bring the house down. Game such as tug-o-war, piñata breaking party, and a mechanical bull will keep you entertain! Yes, there will be food and alcohol for sale in the festival area for all!
28. Do you have any other rules?
Respect above all else. We are YES people, we’ll do what we can to ensure a great day as long as you do the same and treat all our: entertainers, participants, venue, staff, volunteers and new friends with respect. If you are legally allowed you may consume alcohol purchased at our event, if you choose to do so to excess, you may be asked to leave. On that note, we are a drug free zone – we use a zero-tolerance approach – no questions, no arguments, you will be escorted out.
16. Where do I wear my bib?
Bibs must be fastened to the front of your body on either your shirt or shorts/pants using the provided safety pins.
7. If I plan to bring my children to walk the course, do they also need to register?
Yes, anyone participating in the Tacos & Beer 5K needs to be registered and have a race bib. Children in strollers do not need to register for the event but they will not be able to collect a medal at the Finish Line.
25. Will there be food/drinks available on the course? At the finish line?
There will be two water stations on the course. Water will be available at the Finish Line and your tacos & beer (21+) will be waiting at the Finish Festival as well other post-race refreshments.
18. Where do I park on race day?
Parking information can be found on your city's Event page.
21. When and where can I see my race results?
You can find results on your City's Even page.
20. Are there overall awards?
The top 3 overall Men and Women 5K winners will be recongnized.
8. Is there a time limit for the course?
Yes. The Finish Line will close 2 hours after the start of the race. Please note that participants who cross the Finish Line after 2:00:00 will not be recognized as Official Finishers and are not guaranteed a medal or a finishing time.
27. Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org